Une nature vierge, prÃ©servÃ©e au bonheur de quelques privilÃ©giÃ©s pendant que les habitants de Tanzanie qui vivent depuis des siÃ¨cles en paix avec la nature n'y gagnent pas forcÃ©ment grand chose.
RÃ©al : Andreas Apostolidis, GrÃ¨ce, 2009
Nature reserves, with roaming wildlife and men in khaki shirts clutching rifles, have long been shown to the rest of the world as a timeless representation of Africa. Never mind the fact that they are a â€˜manmade' phenomenon, created in the 1950's and 1960's by shifting indigenous people off land they had lived on for thousands of years. A PLACE WITHOUT PEOPLE, set in Tanzania, one of the poorest nations of the world, shows how government, the tourist industry and conservation organisations have conspired to create these wildernesses, game parks that deplete an area's natural resources, make hunting for sport an acceptable pastime and forcibly exclude the people who lived in harmony with nature for thousands of years. And all so that a few people can make a lot of money.
Dir: Andreas Apostolidis
Writer / Director Andreas Apostolidis
Cinematography Stelios Apostolopoulos
Research Leonidas Liambeys Editing Yuri Averof
Music Dimitris Desyllas, Agis Gyftopoulos
Producers Rea Apostolides & Yuri Averof
In association with ERT
With the support of the European Commission
HDV 16:9, 54'
FILMS TRANSIT International
252 Gouin Boulevard East
Montreal, Quebec, Canada H3L 1A8
Phone (514) 844 3358
Fax (514) 844 7298
Jury Award at the Green Film Festival in Seoul.
> The film premieres at DOK Leipzig 2009.
> Other festival screenings:
● Thessaloniki Doc Festival (March 2010)
● One World Human Rights Film Festival, Prague (March 2010)
● Docudays, International Human Rights Film Festival, Kyiv (April 2010)
● Green Film Festival in Seoul (May 2010)
● Planete Doc Review, Poland (May 2010)
● ETHNOCINECA, Ethnographical and Documentary Filmfest Vienna (May 2010)
● CAID Science FF, Athens (May 2010)
● CinemAmbiente Environmental Film Festival, Torino (June 2010)
● Ischia IFF (July 2010)
● Encounters South African Documentary Festival (August 2010)
● Festival des Libertes, Brussels (October 2010)
● Tri-Continental Film Festival, South Africa (October 2010)
● Ekotopfilm Festival of
Sustainable Development Films, Bratislava (October 2010)
● TV Festival Bar, Montenegro (October 2010)
● Flagstaff Mountain Film Festival, Arizona, USA (October 2010)
● Halkida Greek DocFest (October 2010)
● Int. Festival of Film and Culture, Patras (October 2010)
● Vancouver IFF (October 2010)
● Globale Mittelhessen (November 2010)
● Amnesty IFF, Canada (November 2010)